4-7 March at CERN: 12th Inverted CERN School of Computing
The 12th edition of the “Inverted” CERN School of Computing (iCSC 2019) will take place at CERN from 4 to 7 March 2019 in the IT Auditorium (Room 31/3-004).
An excellent programme is planned, consisting of lectures and hands-on exercises selected from a range of proposals submitted by student of past CSC schools.
You are not obliged to attend the full event – indeed you can simply attend the classes that interest you the most. Attendance is free, and the event will be webcast for those who cannot attend in person.
Registration is not compulsory, but will allow you to enjoy coffee courtesy of the CSC, and obtain a hard copy of the booklet, which includes the lecture slides and notes (distributed during the school, while stocks last).
More details and registration: https://indico.cern.ch/e/iCSC-2019
iCSC 2019 programme includes lectures covering the following domains:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Pattern Recognition
- Big Data
- Container Orchestration
- Tensor Networks
- Computational Physics
- Numerical Analysis
- Track Finding
During the hands-on exercises, you will have a chance to learn various technologies such as Keras and TensorFlow, FPGAs, Kubernetes, Hadoop, Apache Spark and others.
This year’s lecturers are:
- Alexander Ruede, CERN, and KIT-IPE, Germany
- Daniel Hugo Campora Perez, CERN, and University of Seville, Spain
- Dmitry Neverov, Nagoya University, Japan
- Evangelos Motesnitsalis, CERN
- Giorgio Lopez, CERN
- Mikhail Sizov, Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics, Russia
- Patrick Emonts, Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics, Germany
- Riccardo Poggi, University of Geneva, Switzerland
The CERN Schools of Computing
The two other Schools that make up the annual CSC series this year are:
- The Thematic school (tCSC 2019) taking place in May in Split, Croatia;
- The Main School (CSC 2019) taking place in September in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
Sebastian Łopieński, Director, CERN School of Computing