Women In Technology - Friday Links - 17/01/2020
Dear WIT friends,
Find below some interesting reading from our regular Friday Links:
- Elisabeth Warren on “Can a woman take the White House?” responds “Look at the men on this stage. Collectively, they’ve lost 10 elections. The only people on this stage who have won every single election that they’ve been in are the women — Amy and me.”
Warren was able to keep a light tone, showed confidence and was clearly prepared with facts.
- NASA's latest astronaut graduates almost half women.
"When I was a sixth grader and said I was going to become an astronaut, do you think everyone was like, 'Yep, she's going to become an astronaut?' Probably not."
- Serena Williams wins first title since having her daughter three years ago; a shout to all mums achieving their goals and making it look easy!
- “A leader’s decision can change the entire social atmosphere and serve as a trigger for moremen to take childcare leave.”
- In her yearly speech our Director General, Fabiola Gianotti, commented on the significant difference between male and female Fellows’ satisfaction with their relation with supervisor. She mentioned it is an issue to be understood and fixed.
In the movies
- Bombshell is based upon the accounts of several women at Fox News who set out to expose CEO Roger Ailes for sexual harassment in 2016. Here Charlize Theron on ‘wrapping her head around’ Megyn Kelly.
- That’s what Little Women is — a plea for women to be seen as human beings.
- La Semaine de l’égalité 2020 célèbre le 60e anniversaire du droit de vote et d’éligibilité des Genevoises.