Women in Technology - Friday Links 17 April 2020
Looking at a better future...
Read & Watch
- Dr Almeida and the first coronavirus
- If it made you smile in the last newsletter, now you can read about it J
- Digital libraries importance in time of covid
- The Lonely City, “What does it feel like to be lonely?”
The article and the book
- Singing at home with your family can go viral
- Very funny and very true: Explaining the Pandemic to my Past Self
- Covid-19 germ experiment
- Animal Webcam to relax: eagles, sharks, pandas, but also just chicken!
- Pick a challenge in the EUvsVirus hackathon
- Online meetup for women interested in programming/tech
- Get new skills in CodeTheCurve
- A CERN Post Career Break Fellowship programme to support people who have taken some time off working for personal reasons, and who wish to return to a scientific career – full-time or part-time.
- CERN can provide some support if you feel isolated and need it.
Detailed anti-isolation support provided by HR can be found in the leaflet on this link.
Further, you can contact the helpline COVID-19 at +41 22 766 77 77 or the Medical Service at +41 22 767 31 86 / email@example.com, or get support from the CERN psychologist, Christiane Reis.
Have a good weekend and stay healthy!
Originally posted by Erica
on behalf of the WIT Steering Committee