Bringing the essence of WOMAD to you
Bringing the essence of WOMAD to you online this summer!
Join us on Saturday 25th July – Sunday 26th July from 10am at WOMAD.CO.UK
NB: The links will stay up for two weeks for people to watch at any time,
- Explore WOMAD from your home, by diving into Playlists and DJ sets from DJ Indian Man, Emmanuel Jal, Ripton Lindsay of Souls Liberation, Lopa K, Chris Tofu, Claire Umney, WOMADelaide programmer Annette Tripoli and more.
- Tune into Radio WOMAD, bringing live coverage across the weekend playing tunes from artists from around the world as well as live sessions and interviews from the Radio WOMAD archives, spanning the last ten years. Sessions have featured incredible artists such as Hugh Masekela, Nneka, Fatoumata Diawara, Ebo Taylor and more.
- Get involved with Workshops for adults from well known WOMAD favourites Justin Adams, Abass Dodoo, Claudio Kron, and Ripton Lindsay.
- Try cooking some exciting new dishes inspired by our Taste the World stage and have a listen to Radio 4 BBC Food programmes from the archives, recipes from artists that have performed at Taste the World such as Speech Debelle, Las Cafeteras, Vesevo and Rura as well as videos and photographs from Taste the World over the years.
- Children’s workshops in the World of Children include sock puppet making with Dot to Dot, manga drawing with Crazy Comic Club, Brazilian dance with Selva Romero, hat making with Other World Arts and loads more!
- Browse WOMAD’s global marketplace with a selection of fantastic traders that you would have seen at the festival.
- In the World of Words you can hear from from Terry Waite, Harriet Beveridge, and Abi Daré, author of the WOMAD 2020 Book Club book ‘The Girl With the Louding Voice’ (also a New York Times bestseller). You can also listen to a range of talks from the past few years including Roger Eatwell on the ‘Rise of National Populism’ as well as talks from Gelong Thubten and JJ Bola.
- In the World of Physics you can learn about quantum physics and music with Earlybird, make a ‘Dark Matter’ cake with Katharine Leney, sit in on a conversation between Spencer Kelly and astronaut and CERN alumni Christer Fuglesang and loads more!